14 Nov World Cloud Show hosted experts and honoured tech innovators for their constant endeavours
Top leaders in the tech industry gathered at the World Cloud Show in Dubai to present and discuss the crucial data policies and digital frameworks that will drive the next phase of cloud adoption.
The panel “Women in Tech” was one of the conference’s most notable sessions. Speakers on the panel included Vineesha Satwani, Advisor – Digitalisation to Senior Leadership, Government Entity in UAE, Loubna Zaitouni, Senior Specialist Co-ops & Strategic Reserve, Ministry of Economy, UAE, Debbie Botha, Chief Partnership Officer, Global Women in AI, Arshi Ayub Mohamed Zaveri, CEO, Trust with Trade Group, Chitransha Mathur, Director of Strategic Planning and Transformation, Emirates Post, and moderator Dr. Eng. Suaad Alshamsi.
The panel talked on the current status of women in technology, what the leading women in the industry have to say, and how to improve the future of women representation in the field.
The event also focused on other key topics including:
- Future of Cloud Security,
- Looking Beyond the Clouds: Innovating in Experience,
- Digital Twins – Leverage the Future of Cloud Computing,
- The Future of Digital Banking in the Cloud, among other need-of-the-hour topics.
Some of the top speakers who attended the event, included:
- Adam Roosevelt, U.S. Representative & Board Member, The Private Office of Sheikh Saqer Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, UAE
- Abdulaziz Albatli, Senior Advisor to the Deputy Governor of IT and ET, Saudi Communications and Information Technology Commission \ Saudi Cloud Computing Association, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Mohamed Alqubaisi, Head of NBI Products, Solutions & Digital Services, du NB&I
- Debbie Botha, Chief Partnership Officer, Global Women in AI, Dubai, UAE
- Amit Varma, Chief Platform Officer, Emirates NBD, Dubai.
- Dr. Ebrahim Alkhajeh, Director of Human Capital and member of the Strategic Transformation Committee, Abu Dhabi Customs, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Mark Beaumont, Head, Cloud Product Management – ICT Solutions, du (EITC), du, UAE
- Amit Varma, Chief Platform Officer, Emirates NBD, UAE
- Dr. Srijith Nair, Director, Information Security, Careem, UAE
Mithun Shetty, CEO of Trescon, commented: “Just as internet changed everyone’s lives a few years ago, cloud technology will change the fate of all sectors – if used to its full potential. And fortunately, Dubai has both, technology, and the acceptance of the technology. We’re happy to provide business-to-business platform for decision makers looking to source solutions with global leaders in technology who are specialised in cloud, and emerging tech solutions.”
The event also co-hosted World Cloud Awards, and recognised the ‘Breakthroughs’ achieved by individuals, teams, and entities that have embarked on a journey of adopting & implementing Cloud and are the true flagbearers of Cloud in UAE. The jury for the inaugural edition of the World Cloud Awards included:
- Axel Angeli, Digital Transformation Evangelist, and Founder of Logosworld;
- Jorge Sebastiao, CTO, GBO;
- Dr Satyam Priyadarshi, Technology Fellow and Chief Data Scientist, Halliburton;
- Dr Sid Benraouane, Professor, Advisor, Carlson School of Management
Winners of World Cloud Awards: